Friday, March 23, 2012
Next in my planned series of skyscraper inspired license plate art! Measuring 24" x 48", this piece honoring the unusually-shaped Space Needle in Seattle Washington will be made out Washington State license plates. I'll be offering this piece soon for preorder here. Enjoy!
Other suggestions welcomed! Post in comments or email me at this link.
Space Needle Facts:
• Major landmark of the Pacific Northwest region
• Built for the 1962 World's Fair
• 605 feet high at its highest point
• Weighs 9,550 tons
• When completed it was the tallest structure west of the Mississippi River
• Built to withstand winds of up to 200 miles per hour & earthquakes of up to 9.1 magnitude
• Has 25 lightning rods on its roof to prevent lightning damage.
Posted by Dave at 11:48 AM