Wednesday, July 6, 2011

New Variation of United States License Plate Map


I am nearly finished with a fun new piece with a cool international background story!

A lady living and working in London contacted me and wanted to commission a license plate map of the United States for her beach house in the Caribbean. (Must be nice, LOL :)

She is redecorating her home there and has a very light and airy white-based color palette planned, so she wasn't sure about the dark finishes I typically use on license plate maps.

So, I embarked on a new quest: figuring out a light weathering, whitewashing, staining and distressing process using a set of wood boards.

The finished product was loved by my client! And so, this piece heads down to Florida where it will be picked up on the way South to sandy beaches.

Enjoy! Find out more about getting original art or prints of your own here.

1 comment:

  1. I came across your post on the Zazzle Forums. I love your license plate art. Please check out my Zazzle store http://www.zazzle.com/TravelWithPaula

    ReplyDelete